People tend to spend hundreds of dollars preparing for their parties. With this in mind, we thought we’d show you all how to get the most out of your buck when shopping for alcohol.
- Calculate How Much You Need
Set a budget. Before you can think about who to invite and how much alcohol to buy, it’s important to set a budget for your party. This will help you not spend more than you should.
- Let how much money you want to spend overall guide you. For example, if you can spend $150, you may want half to go to alcohol and the other half to food. However, if you’re having friends over for a wine tasting, you may want to spend more on a few bottles of quality wine and offer 2-3 small appetizers.
- Consider whether you are going to ask guests to bring a bottle of wine, beer, or another spirit. This will allow you to focus on a couple of types of alcohol.
- Figure out what you want to offer at the party. If you’re having alcohol, chances are that you may want to offer snacks or other food like pizza or burgers.
- Make A Guest List
Make a guest list for the party. If you’re having a formal or slightly formal party, you’ll need to send out invitations. The list can guide you for the amount and types of alcohol you should get. If it’s not a formal, invite-only party, then estimate the number of people that you think may show up. Even a rough figure can help you estimate how much alcohol to buy.
- Make Punch
Don’t have enough money to buy a bunch of beers? Make fruit punch to spread your alcohol to a wider audience. Check out this fruit punch recipe below.
- 64 oz Cranberry Raspberry Juice
- 1 liter Ginger Ale
- 1 liter Lemon Lime Soda
- 12 oz Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 8 scoops Raspberry Sherbert
Refrigerate juice, ginger ale, and soda overnight.
In a food processor, puree 6 oz of raspberries and the sugar.
Transfer mixture to punch bowl.
Add juice, ginger ale and soda to punch bowl and stir.
Garnish with ice cream, cranberries and remaining raspberries.
- Ask People To Bring Drinks
A simple way to save money on drinks is to ask your guests to bring refreshments.
- Find a Locale Sale
Often times, liquor shops will have sales for their products. There is currently a sale going on at Columbia Wine Co until August 5th in NYC.
Columbia Wine Co
New York NY 10032